1991 Wellcraft 192 Sport floor/interior restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

wkrives

Recruit
Forum,

I've started on a small restoration project of my 192 Sport due to the worn out carpet, soft spots in the floor, and seats that are pulling apart due to wood deterioration.

A few weeks ago, I decided to pull the insides out to save some money. Some of the seats crumbled as I pulled them out and of course everything was pretty nasty. I tried to do a pictorial of each item I removed in order to put humpty dumpty back together again. I recall saying to myself over 100 times ... how in the hell did they (manufacturer) do that? Never seen a Tee Nut before, but it explained quite a bit once I figured out what it did and more importantly what it was called.

After everything was cleaned out, I decided to let a fiberglass shop take a look at it. I noticed my starbord motor mount had some deterioration and had sunk 1/4 to 3/8". Pulling a motor is beyond my scope of DIY, so I'm waiting for a quote.

Now that I've decimated my garage with everything else, I've further ripped the seats and other structures apart, still commenting on how did they put it together. Looking at the seat for the first time, I'm convinced there are sadistic seat builders out there. Ain't no way I can reproduce what they did. So now I'm considering cleaning up the old vinyl and reusing it.

So, my questions for the forum...
1. Where do you find 1/2" plywood that's 8 1/2 feet long? My port side panel is 16" W by 102" L.

2. I'm contemplating getting non-PT wood from Lowes and treating it with stain/polyeurathane/epoxy/resin/????? for use in the boat seats and bases. Is this a party foul? Finding PT wood that's not warped to hell and back is proving difficult.

I'll post a few more questions as I get there.

By the way, my goal is to get about 5-6 more years useage out of it before upgrading.

Thanks,
Wyatt

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 0
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 0
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 0
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 0

Rsc377

Recruit
how is the restoration going, i am currently working on 1991 wellcraft 192 sport. i just need one new back to back seat. was wondering if you bought replacements or if you fixed what you had.

Status
Not open for further replies.