1991 Bayliner Utility 15'

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneoldude

Seaman Apprentice
I just bot a '91 Bayliner Utility 15' with a 55HP Evinrude on it. It was modified by the prior owner into a flats boat and he did a bad job of it. Most of what he did needs to be pulled out and re-done. Also I suspect the foam is wet in the bottom and will need to be re-done. Since it is basically a small bath tub design it should not be too hard. But I do have some questions.<br /><br />I was told the mods were done with West epoxy and then finished with West gell coat. The gell coat is falling off. Is there any way other than sanding to get the gell coat off places I don't want to tear out?<br /><br />Does anyone have any experience with or knowlege about this little boat that they would like to share? You know quirks, etc. NADA says it weighs 975 #s. But I don't know if it is with or without the motor.<br /><br />I have looked around the net for Pics of this boat to no avail. Anyone have pics of one so I can see what it originally looked like?<br /><br />Thanks

captmoose

Recruit
Re: 1991 Bayliner Utility 15'

Don't know if you're still here, but I picked up one of these boats. It's a 15' Bayliner 1500 UA. If you have any pics of the remodel I'd love to see them. Here are the original pics from the seller. The boat is very dirty in these pics but they show the original layout well.

This spring I'll be mounting up a 40 hp Johnson.

Attachments

• sm FH000012.jpg
    sm FH000012.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 0
  • sm FH000016.jpg
    sm FH000016.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 0
  • smFH000003.jpg
    smFH000003.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.