1990 4.3 block and 1995 heads, which rocker tightening specs to follow?

I have the tab but the tape is a good idea since I have 4 different marks on my wheel, seems like every shop had their own idea on timing. 1 mark is mine from when the heads were off so I know it's 100% TDC and I can adjust from there.
I also have the extras for the distributor too, see pic below.

Attachments

• dis-extras.jpg
    dis-extras.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 4

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
old school:
Chevy timing marks.jpg

since your tab only has one mark (zero I'm thinking) the tape just has to have the zero aligned with the slit on the harmonic balancer. that's kinda how Fords were different than Chevrolets they had the timing numbers stamped on the balancer and a pointer sticking out from the block

OK, I have a final update on this issue I was having. It was the distributor modulator (when I changed over to the Sierra electrical distributor package) the Chinese modulator was bad. So I ordered a S10 version from AC Delco(no brass screw holes but coated it good & I live in the desert) and even starting her up with the earmuffs I could hear she sounded different. I got her out to the lake Late Friday eve and I could finally go WOT with no backfiring!!

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
Yep glad you got it sorted & glad to hear the solution. That’s why I kept my Prestolite points distributor with simple mechanical (centrifugal) advance. No modules to go bad & then have to search for…