1990 20 hp johnson manual start Primer

Dennas

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 12, 2013
Messages
7
How do i prime this motor is the choke lever the way to go
 

Dennas

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 12, 2013
Messages
7
Is the primer the choke. Do I just push in on it. How do i choke with out priming or is there no such thing. There seems to be two setting on the choke. I have had many older johnsons but have never seen one with manual primer. I was used to squirting gas into the carb and spark plug holes
 

tphoyt

Commander
Joined
Jun 10, 2010
Messages
2,359
If it’s the pull style manual primer pull the knob 2 or 3 times. After it starts check to be sure the knob retracted all the back in.
 

tphoyt

Commander
Joined
Jun 10, 2010
Messages
2,359
Yes there is no choke butterfly.
When you pull the knob it squirts fuel into the carb. Just like your old style way of doing it manually.
 
Top