FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Been using Champs in my 1987 1.6L SeaDrives for 12 years. I bought a set of NKGs once when there were no Champs available. I swapped them for Champs as soon as I got home.
So.....Walleyedhed... I take it you really really like Champion, eh? <br /><br />I shall pass the piston information along..... being that he is a diesel mechanic he might laugh at me..... or worse yet beat me up. Any specifics on why his precious NGK plugs will harm his engine? I tried to tell him.... just looked at me like I was crazy.
No, it's not just me....the OMC outboards like'em better.<br /><br />OMC ignition systems are built around the proper heat range and resistance charactoristics of champion plugs...NGK DOES NOT have an exact replacement, period.<br />Many people have laughed at this until they had to O/H and start replacing pistons, bearings, etc.