FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Disconnect the electrical cable from the control box at the big red plug inside the cowling. Use automotive jumper cables to activate the engine's starter. When it's cranking, check for spark at some of the spark plugs. If it's sparking, you've got a problem somewhere in the control box or it's harness. Also could be a failed/shorted key switch.
I will try that thanks. FYI I had a similar situation happen once while out on the water. I wouldn't start and sounded like it was cranking faster than normal. I pulled the kill switch lanyard then hooked it back up. The boat started on the very next turn of the key.
Yesterday when I tried starting it the boat sounded like it was cranking faster than normal again.
I will try what you suggested as soon as the neighbors wake up.
The fuel hose bulb should get hard when you first prime it each morining. Once the engine runs and draws fuel through the hose, the bulb will soften a little, but should not collapse on itself. A bulb which stays hard after it's running probably has a bad ball valve inside it. It's possible in your case that no fuel is going through the bulb to the engine. (try another fuel hose assy.)