1989-90 bayliner 2159 hardtop.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boa...bayliner-2159-hardtop?p=10902168#post10902168

What screen/monitor did you get with it. Ya know they are making wireless systems also.
im using ipad so i dont have to take up much real estate with perma fixed unit and dont need to worry about someone stealing it where i park it . i use tablets for my engine monitoring and i use a tablet for depth finder navigation and will use a tablet for the radar, most likely the radar will become the navigation on monishka and i ll still use navionics on the whaler.
everything i have on the boats are wifi i use a raymarine wifi fish finder on the monishka and i use a vexilar on the whaler

71lZ6j01IOL._AC_SL1225_.jpg

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
so faqr i do actually like the vex better then raymarine biggest issue i had with ray marine is its not color so its hard to see sometimes. i wish someone would make a higher quality wifi one but im sure that will come eventually.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Cool ! Drive through boat detailing ! I’ll be right there . Taking the mfg to the Suwannee next weekend ... :)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
haven't taken this one out in a bit , been doing minor things around it , replaced wood bulkhead to pvc since wood was already rotting 2 yrs. now its all pvc no rot can happen:) i got the radar set and i have ordered a ais transponder and receiver , putting Wi-Fi on boat so all this works on one network :)

I have just now found this thread. I have read over most of it. My father just bought a this same model boat and we have been going through all of it and it’s systems. Last weekend we planned to take it to the lake and try it out but had to abort because we found a fuel leak. Honestly…. We didn’t find the fuel leak. Only the fuel. lol. We are gearing up to pull the motor and investigate further. From what I’ve learned from your posts is that THAT TANK IS HUGE!!!! It must be necessary to uncap the boat to get tank out. Am I wrong?

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
it is if you donna do it right , it would be a major undertaking to cutr floor as its not wide enough to remove tank that way i saw decap as a chance to fix stuff right

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
well dragged it home took the dead raccoon out of it and cleaned up the mess left by it , boat had a bit if mold on the exterior so i went to getting it off , pro tip don't waste time with chlorine from store its different somehow and very diluted i went to pool store got 2 gallons OF POOL CHLORINE AND THE MOLD WAS HISTORY that was after wasting time with 5 gallons of "Clorox", house wash, non chlorine algae/mold killer none worked but that pool chlorine it was dead in seconds and left no stains !

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
2 dead batterys appears someone played with my boat and turned on the battery switch and the led light switches were still on so ugh ... i got the charger on them see if i can bring them back from death , seems the regular battery is taking a charge after reconditioning but the deep cycle might be toast ! fml

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
trying to decide how to flush trim unit it looks to have water in the fluid and wouldn't go up or down hope something isn't rusted ugh boat sat for a year and now the gremlins come out lol

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
trying to decide how to flush trim unit it looks to have water in the fluid and wouldn't go up or down hope something isn't rusted ugh boat sat for a year and now the gremlins come out lol
Seems like you are having a couple bad mechanical/racoon days. My intuition says that boat will float/run very soon ole man!

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
well batteries recharged clicked key engine fired right up , got to love a ls! gas about 2 1/2 years old but guessing the additives worked well :) i kinda hate to run it this that dolla 70 a gallon gas :) anyways just got to wax it and fix the trim pump and she's ready for the water:)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
Trim pump working just need to put new seals in rams, got em ordered last night yaay!!