1988 Tracker Livewell switch

Dick Bacon

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 1988 Tracker Magna 17. When it rains alot and my boat is parked outside, the livewell turns on by itself. I have tracked it down to the switch on the dash. By looking at it , it is not the original switch as it doesnt match the make of all the other switches. I want to make sure I get the right switch and wire it up correctly. Right now it is a on/off/on lighted rocker switch with 6 tabs on the back. Anyone know if it is the right switch and how to wire it correctly ? I called Tracker and got a wiring schematic, but it did not include the console switches.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1988 Tracker Livewell switch

The reason the pump runs by itself is because it has an AUTO position on the switch which is why it is a three position. If it was a simple ON'/OFF type you would not need a three position switch. OFF (center) is OFF. Up (MANUAL) causes the pump to run as long as the switch is in that position. down (AUTO) allows the pump to run when the float switch senses water in the bilge. I doubt you have a bilge pump problem.

Dick Bacon

Seaman Apprentice

Its not a bilge issue. When the livewell switch gets soaked with water, it shorts out. I need a new switch and want to get the right one and make sure I wire it up right.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Those switches are generic. Any on-off-on switch withsix terminals will work.