1987 Johnson 110 v4 good buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glastrontizz

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
Oct 20, 2009
Messages
48
My 1984 evinrude v4 140 has low compression in #2 and has no power. I bought it last summer and have used it about 20 times. By the marks on the heads it looks like it has been rebuilt before. I found a motor at a shop near by that is a 1987 Johnson 110 v4 for $1500 installed with my old motor as trade for the install. What do you guys think? The 110 has been gone through and comes with a 30 day warranty. I use this boat to fish and don't care about losing a little horsepower.
 

jonesg

Admiral
Joined
Feb 22, 2008
Messages
7,198
Re: 1987 Johnson 110 v4 value?

Re: 1987 Johnson 110 v4 value?

You didn't fill in your location in your conttrol panel and locale makes a huge difference.

For comparison I bought my 1994 Johnson 150 for $1500.
Installed it myself with a hoist I rented for $37.
My first outboard install, its not rocket science.

Rebuilds around here usually get 6 months warranty.
 

Glastrontizz

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
Oct 20, 2009
Messages
48
Re: 1987 Johnson 110 v4 value?

Re: 1987 Johnson 110 v4 value?

I am in southern california. I don't have much of a work area due to homeowners association rules.
 

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Dec 9, 2005
Messages
11,551
Re: 1987 Johnson 110 v4 good buy?

Since the 140 is a crank-rated engine and the 110 is a prop-rated engine you won't see much difference in performance. Both are bubble back exhaust engines.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top