1987 Bluefin Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3Spinner

Cadet
Re: 1987 Bluefin Restoration

Nice restoration. I am curious if you know any info about the fuel tank? Make/model?

M3spinner

choquito

Recruit

exelent job, i just go my self a 16 ft bluefin and needs a bunch of work , your postg gives me incentive to restore mine
thanks!!

rwhodel

Seaman Apprentice

The fuel tank is 19 gallons bow tank. Not sure of the make though. I plan on adding a 12 gallon tank in the back under the ouboard well for longer trips.

Pappywolf

Cadet

gagjag I also have the IO version. 1988 19 footer , How hard was it to replace your transom ? That will be my next thing on my Blue Fin. Any ideas from anyone would be great. Thanks

Ewolfe1010

Recruit
I am starting to restore my 19' Bluefin Sportsman. I origanally found rot in one small spot on the floor, but after removing the carpet, there is rot around the ski locker and forward of the opening. The transom is rotted and the outboard is pulling it backward, so I plan on removing the outboard and selling it and getting a newer one.
The previous owner was clueless to owning and maintaining a boat. He installed a stereo with wire nuts that fell off in the middle of the lake, starting a fire that luckily did not spread beyond the stereo. he also drilled a hole thru the lower part of the transom to run the fish finder cable for the transducer and then tried to seal it with silicone. It leaked and saturated the transom, creating the rot. I am thinking about making it into a center console with a hard top. Here are some picture of the work so far.
Any photos on the boat. I’m rebuilding mine in 2023 but the Flicker threads of the videos are no longer available to watch?

MOD EDIT: Please review the forum rule about posting to old/dormant threads. the OP has not been on the forum since 2013.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.