1986 Winner 1850 CC Project

Jim Thieman

Recruit
I'm a new owner of a 1850 Sea Quest that sat in a guy's back yard for over a year and is in need of some TLC. Previous owners had added a lot of electrical gear, extra batteries, pole holders, etc. that is now being removed. Here is my first question. Do I need to raise or remove the console to properly route wiring and cables? There is a false floor on top of the fuel tank under the console that probably needs to be removed for easy access. Is this a fairly easy job and are there any tricks to it?
Besides the 150 Mercury having a broken ring the rebuild is going great. The hull is also in very good shape. I'm excited about this neat boat.
BigJim

pny212

Seaman
Re: 1986 Winner 1850 CC Project

I have a 88 1850 and I was just running new wires yesterday for a new GPS Antenna, under my console I have the clear about 6" covers that you can pop out and there is conduit that runs side to side to the accessory holes in the gunwales, and you can fish tape up to the bow from there, or fish tape from the console back to the starboard little seat there, great boat as I have had mine for about 2 years and it's a little tank in rough water, good luck

Pau

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=257676

l

winner owner

Seaman

Hey guys,

I have a 1986 1850 Sea quest with a 120 Evinrude. Got her last year.After getting the water out of the fuel system and adjusting linkages and synchronization, she finally seems to be running great.Now to iron out some electrical and connect all the water hoses at back of the transome ...she will be ready for her maiden voyage on Lake Ontario.

Really good to see I am not the only owner.This is my first boat and love it! Cant wait to see how its like to ride and fish on her!

Jim Thieman

Recruit

Thanks, for the info. I have had a few boats and didn't know anything about Winner until I purchased it. I think it is going to be a good one. I probably have a couple more months before I get all the work done. It is nice to know there are other people who have gone down this road before me is in case I run into a problem.