1986 270 Amberjack Sea Ray

tank1949

Lieutenant Commander
I have looked aimlessly to find a windshield wiper pair (rubber and metal arm) to fit my ventage 1986. Wiper motors and studs are great as to the rest of the electrical. Any suggestions?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Have you called SeaRay? Or gone to their website?

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
Keep looking and retrofit if no luck.Your wiper is not exclusive to your boat.
Many older boat wipers will fit.charlie

Scott06

Vice Admiral
Last edited:

Scott Danforth

Staff member
I was under the impression; they went out of business. I'll try.
SeaRay isnt out of business. They are also one of the very very few boat companies with a manual as linked by Scott above.

most likely the wipers are Bosch or Attwood (with Attwood being a Brunswick company, i would lean toward Attwood)

tank1949

Lieutenant Commander
SeaRay isnt out of business. They are also one of the very very few boat companies with a manual as linked by Scott above.

most likely the wipers are Bosch or Attwood (with Attwood being a Brunswick company, i would lean toward Attwood)
I have examined many Attwood wipers (ONLINE) but few of the clerks could tell me if they would fit my specific needs. I'll send email to parent company and see if they can help!

THANKS!!!!

Scott Danforth

Staff member
I have examined many Attwood wipers (ONLINE) but few of the clerks could tell me if they would fit my specific needs. I'll send email to parent company and see if they can help!

THANKS!!!!
FWIW, the wiper arm on my boat is a Bosch, the blade is a $35 Bosch blade in a stainless roll-form.

what is actually on the boat is a $6 Anco that has been spray painted with rustoleum to keep it from rusting. new blades are $9 for two

tank1949

Lieutenant Commander
FWIW, the wiper arm on my boat is a Bosch, the blade is a $35 Bosch blade in a stainless roll-form.

what is actually on the boat is a $6 Anco that has been spray painted with rustoleum to keep it from rusting. new blades are $9 for two
How to make sure the female of the arm will fit male wiper head? My best guess is 9/16" motor stud. I have found a couple of ss arms from ventage Chevy's but couldn't get them to fit tight on motor studs. I may have to weld set screw on these arms and paint underneath spring to minimize rusting. But, I rather company just make a turnkey arm/wiper. Thanks for help!!!!!!!

Scott Danforth

Staff member
the motor and splined output shaft would be derived from industrial, not automotive.

is your wiper motors 1-speed or 2-speed.

the motor may be a marinco, ongaro, or wexco

from there you can find arms.

tank1949

Lieutenant Commander
the motor and splined output shaft would be derived from industrial, not automotive.

is your wiper motors 1-speed or 2-speed.

the motor may be a marinco, ongaro, or wexco

from there you can find arms.
It has been a while` since examining boat, but if my memory serves correctly, they are 2 speed. I have been fighting illness, but I may be able to pull mfg name off wiper motors this week. THX!

tank1949

Lieutenant Commander
Loot at ongaro for 2-speed
Thanks for your help!!!!!!! As soon as I learn something, I will msg you!!!!!! Unfortunately, I had a knee replaced and it is difficult to climb into boat. I will eventually. I want to fish this money hole this year. Again......THANKS!!!