1985 StarCraft Islander 221v fixer upper.

DCampbell

Seaman
I would for sure model is after the V5 style SW. My Islander transom is 25" with a PO hack job to 20".

y4mcx6yLvs0xrLt-GeRxKKGpwyD7wLqkT2i57isFOMRsDAwveAYKC7BTCU_PNjsOFUFEoa7YiSjz2sIaC-a4hlZnlUnzykADS5wqt1OlLUW9nnjIc2LdVryef7liiwZ8XkMQWeGiqo8UQaxmN0w5QDd56SAR2ia2yG8Z4mNya8ujJOp2betOJQBXIW2Bg-U8DOe

y4mePhMG0VxE1dSaDQBWPGafxKPLuznISL-K677uc_GLlv4WzFFUgaAR0bnvHyfC8TAxj3Teyg7CGHGIWPVqYSd0X9a229ZjaL2Y9ODbqgbr5kVdJpLTA3x2EVNfANS3Yeb3xY63lLxF27vOxGQ7350MRDbDtIfIrQnHdI890RzptVFKJB9k1odV0KvddDcFOdD
is this boat converted ? I notice it has vents on the side. also drain hole is in the middle.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Is this the v5 ?

No my Islander was an OB model.

y4mU6MeadfiuQejSAOp2QoAv5I_Ga3IfM1afEXO8FsWpICwAMROFrxCQ95RmtTyL4n8fjJXcvp0IJ5M-4oYs5hYF9aq-eAE0w3ITqHgu6xPqtaycNmBlyvTI_Y-MftwuXqvAetcE2Z5_pNd88obBj54iiVUiijgyW6g2OBRRBKj8-o6va3eltglAjj74vgCsY3i

Nope that Islander in the video is a later model 5 years after the V5 but they kept the V5 style SW and similar hull design. It also doesn't have the extended bottom rake or port side fuel filler.

DCampbell

Seaman
No my Islander was an OB model.

y4mU6MeadfiuQejSAOp2QoAv5I_Ga3IfM1afEXO8FsWpICwAMROFrxCQ95RmtTyL4n8fjJXcvp0IJ5M-4oYs5hYF9aq-eAE0w3ITqHgu6xPqtaycNmBlyvTI_Y-MftwuXqvAetcE2Z5_pNd88obBj54iiVUiijgyW6g2OBRRBKj8-o6va3eltglAjj74vgCsY3i

Nope that Islander in the video is a later model 5 years after the V5 but they kept the V5 style SW and similar hull design. It also doesn't have the extended bottom rake or port side fuel filler.
wow , you know your islanders, lol. I ran out and checked my fuel filler , yup port side. lol. extended bottom rake ?

Watermann

wow , you know your islanders, lol. I ran out and checked my fuel filler , yup port side. lol. extended bottom rake ?

The V5 extended bottom strake (not rake spell check) that nearly ends at the bow and the port side filler you can see.

y4mFxveLaK5Cj0FHNGA7G6QDVqUMWAZ9hCuB9ugAQnknZ6u4os5bTxNl1eX9oEMnEngsMKjVNxhdnw15f6yZrm5jmKcYQadG_lGqaTj4PhQQR5dRsWaHkhzrO7yi26_m7esAZIyfBSfyPgR0qxJsBe-2ab3OfuHuzHT1WmVzj6lwnBuMAYqDXVLWE4lRmwrN2j3

Last edited:

DCampbell

Seaman
The V5 extended bottom strake that nearly ends at the bow and the port side filler you can see.

y4mFxveLaK5Cj0FHNGA7G6QDVqUMWAZ9hCuB9ugAQnknZ6u4os5bTxNl1eX9oEMnEngsMKjVNxhdnw15f6yZrm5jmKcYQadG_lGqaTj4PhQQR5dRsWaHkhzrO7yi26_m7esAZIyfBSfyPgR0qxJsBe-2ab3OfuHuzHT1WmVzj6lwnBuMAYqDXVLWE4lRmwrN2j3
gotcha, thanks. ahhh when you said port side filler you meant side, lol. pretty cool . nice boat . yours has the smooth sides as well. thanks for the info. I have been enjoying your build threads !!

DCampbell

Seaman
wow rain for 5 days straight. ughhh. I need to set up fabric shed. I'm one day away from having the hull cleaned power washed and ready to Glovit. rivers are over the banks in Saginaw county. Bow season starts on oct 1 . I have a couple hunts that are 7 days a piece so I'm trying to get the boat sealed up while the weather is still warm enough. then I can clean up parts and get my plywood ready to install, etc. in the main heated garage though out the winter. I might be able to paint the interior of the boat during winter, we will see. I was thinking about painting the inside bottom of the boat , but if I have a leak later on it might become a problem. what do you guys think ? I want a live well but.....I hate the chance for a leak in the bulkheads. my last boat I removed them. I wondering if I could design a tube system that would work just putting it overboard ? or Just forget it and use my gigantic marine cooler and a pump. I also bought a rv water pump I was thinking of using for a washdown pump. eeeh. just ideas I'm throwing out in case someone has came up with a good solution.

Watermann

I wouldn't waste the time and huge effort it takes to paint AL properly on the inside bottom, it really serves no purpose.

Drain and pump fittings for livewells should be on the transom where nothing should ever impact them to cause a hull leak. My LW in the raised deck has an overflow that is on the side but it is above the waterline so no worries, just same with the bilge pump exit fitting.

On the Gluvit just remember it can't take much UV light so being outside I would cover it with a tarp to shade until covered with decking or brought inside.

DCampbell

Seaman
I wouldn't waste the time and huge effort it takes to paint AL properly on the inside bottom, it really serves no purpose.

Drain and pump fittings for livewells should be on the transom where nothing should ever impact them to cause a hull leak. My LW in the raised deck has an overflow that is on the side but it is above the waterline so no worries, just same with the bilge pump exit fitting.

On the Gluvit just remember it can't take much UV light so being outside I would cover it with a tarp to shade until covered with decking or brought inside.
oh man good tip on the uv and Gluvit !!