1985 Dyna-Trak 156: New Owner!

pawaterways

Recruit
I am the new owner of a beautiful artifact from the past! Can't wait to post some pics - you would never guess it is 27 years old!

My question regards the bilge system in the boat. I launched it last weekend and I heard water burbling in before it was free from the trailer. Yes, I put the drain plug in. The sound caught my attention, but as a newbie, I didn't know what it was.http://forums.iboats.com/images/smilies/frown.gif The first ride was fine. I returned an hour later and when I pulled up on the trailer, water poured out of one of the ports on the back of the boat. Poured out. I removed the drain plug, and none came out from that area.

I do not understand the water pathways inside the boat at all. The bilge pump works (I can hear it when I turn the switch on), but why did water enter, where did it go, and is that normal? Should I plug that opening? I did not look to see if the live wells filled up or not.

I would appreciate any help/suggestion from those who are familiar with my boat or this matter. Thanks in advance! http://forums.iboats.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

shooterclay

Recruit
Re: 1985 Dyna-Trak 156: New Owner!

i dont know much about bass boats, but if it was me, i think i would start with putting a running garden hose into the live well and see if water comes out the place you're talking about. if it does, then that's where your problem is. i believe some of the live wells have valves that will let lake water in and maybe one of them is malfunctioning.

you can also check your bilge pump the same way but just put the hose down in the bilge and turn the pump on. water should pump out a hole in the side of your boat somewhere..

bobkyle2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My dyna track has a livewell/cooler under the front right seat... And that hole in the back drains it. I always plug it.

readyfred48

Recruit

I have the same boat (156 SS) and I think the sound you are hearing is the live well motor. There should be a switch on the dash that reads "aerator" and it is probably on. If not that, then I'm not much help. But that little aerator motor will run unless it is in the "off" position.