1985 Chris Craft Scorpion 210 Limited - Bimini Needed!

mr.box

Cadet
We recently purchased a beautiful 1985 Chris Craft Scorpion Cuddy and looking to get a bimini cover just like the original with zip in panels, etc. It did come with the original bimini and it is in ok condition (could use some cleaning) but didn't include the zip in panels for the sides. We plan on sleeping in the boat occasionally and would like to have it available if the weather doesn't cooperate!

I have been searching the internet trying to find one, or find a place that can make one, but have had no luck.

Any help is appreciated!

2011-06-10_14-53-44_843.jpg

Fiat4Fun

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1985 Chris Craft Scorpion 210 Limited - Bimini Needed!

Howdy,
I have a 1986 210 LTD, and I have the original top, but don't have the sides either. I have not been able to find anything original, and I even have the original part number, but no way to find the part. I even contacted the original manufacture, hoping they still had the patterns, and of course they don't. They recommended taking it to a boat interior shop and have one made.
One a side note, I am thinking of starting a web page to catalog pictures and information for just the scorpions, since finding info on these boats is getting a bit tough.
Let me know if you find anything!!! I could use the information too........
Enjoy
Bob

mr.box

Cadet

After many days of searching, no luck with finding anything on the original bimini. It appears as though I will be searching for a boat interior shop and getting some made at some point! Now if I could only figure out those lotto numbers. Keep me posted on your web page. I have only been a Scorpion owner for the last few weeks, but I am a fan!

Innozone

Recruit

Hello,
I hope it is OK that I join your conversation. I think I have the same problem. First I need to clarify what "bimini cover" is (sorry, I'm not native English speaking). Is it the windows zipped with the top-cover? Attached is a picture on my boat with the top on.

View attachment 112072

//Innozone

Innozone

Recruit

Hello,
I hope it is OK that I join your conversation. I think I have the same problem. First I need to clarify what "bimini cover" is (sorry, I'm not native English speaking). Is it the windows zipped with the top-cover? Attached is a picture on my boat with the top on.

Bild2.jpg
//Innozone

I have uploaded the image again, I think it was a problem with the link. //Staffan

mr.box

Cadet

Hello Innozone -

I believe the bimini cover refers the the entire cover - the part you show in your photo as well as the windows that zip in. Your photo is the first bimini cover I have seen with the original rear cover - that is cool! I only have the front section without the zip windows as well. I think I might have to find someone to make a custom bimini for me! Take care!

Innozone

Recruit

Hello Mr. Box,

Thanks for prompt reply. OK, thanks for the explanation. Then I also have to find someone to make the windows. The only problem I have is the size of the zip. In Sweden/Europe we use 10mm zip and in the states I think you use 9mm zip. Can you recommend a store/shop where I can buy the zip needed, preferable an online store?
I have attached a few pictures of my boat. I made some refurbishment last winter.

Take care.
//Innozone

DSC_4161.jpgDSC_4132.jpgIMG_4045.jpg

mr.box

Cadet

I am not too sure on the zip size and if it is a standard US size zipper. If you are going to get window panels made, I would suggest maybe taking in the top portion as well and they could install a complete new zipper to the top that would match the window panels. This would probably be easier than trying to find a matching zip that would work. Good Luck!