1983 35HP Evinrude thermostat

Good evening, I’ve recently purchased a 35HP Evinrude outboard that’s been sitting for 8 years. Rebuilt the carburetor, runs great, noticed it wasn’t peeing though. Replaced the impeller, which it desperately needed, still not peeing. I’m going to replace the thermostat next. I can’t seem to find instructions on how to do so, or the gasket for the cover for the head. I know on this model I have to pull the head cover in order to replace the thermostat. Needing torque specs, bolt pattern order, and some where to get the gasket for the head cover. Thank you all in advance

kbait

Commander
Is the indicator ‘pee’ tube clogged? You may save yourself some time.

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
Cylinder head cover bolt torque would be 60-84 inch lbs. Install in a circular pattern beginning in the middle, two or three passes with final torque on the last pass. I don't think you have to remove the cylinder head, as with the smaller models. But I would prep the head cover with a piece of wet/dry sandpaper on a hard service, just like you would the cylinder head. Rotate in a figure eight pattern until there is an equal shine all around. If you do remove the cylinder head, do the same to the mating surfaces on the head. Cylinder head torque is 216-240 inch lbs.

http://ww2.iboats.com/Cylinder-Crank...iew_id.1549802

Try unclogging the tell tale first, as kbait is suggesting. A piece of weed-whacker line works well.