1982 MR 180

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
nice - i saw that as max hp. I might try to find a second 50. Dad had a 1972 21' with twin 60 johnsons.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
not sure why the link is posting up in russian (doesn't on my forum on proboards) but link works.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
round trip 12 hours, all as expected, really nice guy we sat and talked for about an hour.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
and his description

Refurbished 7.5 Mercury 2 stroke outboard. Lake ready, New water pump kit, replaced coils, new switch box (power pack) Stop button, carb rebuilt,lower unit serviced with Quicksilver gear oil, new factory pull handle on start cord, base coat/clear coat automotive finish with new decals. Very nice motor. I am a retired Mercury mechanic/dealer and this was a trade in of years ago. It had been thrown around and beat up. My past time has evolved into redoing the engines since I am getting old. Compression good, no leaks.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
just realized I have not ordered up a stereo. Going to have the heathen over spring break and the boat will be our project along with lots of lake testing of course. He's got his permit now so going to be a good time to teach him how to back a trailer. WIth a stick shift..... He's pretty good with it already.

Anywho - where to put? I prefer the round ones but may not have enough space. Maybe build a box on top of the console to house an old school one?

1674078058569.png

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
I have a new system still in the box I haven't used because it was much easier to just take a Bluetooth speaker and play from my phone.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
ok makes sense however my prob with playing from phone is that any player I've installed only plays one song in a row - I have to go in and hit play for the next one. We also have a low phone data plan so I only stream at home connected to wifi not sure I want to pay extra to up my plan.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Music Folder Player Free is what I use, plays and plays all the music on my data card, also not too bad for ads.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
thanks - good news it works to advance to next song. Bad news it only found music in folders, not my other couple thousand songs on the card but I'm sure I can figure that out.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
!D-10 T error. Forgot I renamed my folder with all music in it. Should be perfect for my needs thanks for saving me a couple hundred bucks and a few hours of cussing an installation of a stereo.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Depth finder. I'm not huge into fish finders tho there is a belief there is one in this house somewhere but to date even my wife has not found it so starting to cast about for a new one. In dash is simple but i also like the ability of a finder to show me the whole lake and as my last one did show me shallow areas prior to me running up on them. Never really learned how to read the fishing part of them like is it a fish or what type of structure or what the bottom is made of. I just hang a worm, beat the bank or troll.

Any thoughts?