1981 v6 90hp merc vacuum line question

90hpskeeter

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Jan 30, 2012
Messages
2
on the back side of my motor, between the spark plugs there is a vacuum hose that comes out. I believe its suppose to connect to something like the fuel regulator, or something. The opposite end of the hose is cut off and missing. I'm not sure where the location is that the other end is suppose to connect. I've searched many times, but i cant find any parts that look to be missing a connection like a vacuum hose. The engine seems to run just fine and smooth. This vacuum hose will drip a little water sometime while the engine is running. It was like this when i bought it, I downloaded (purchased) a very extensive manual for this motor online, which is very informational, but this manual covers many different motors of that type but varying sizes. I'm a little lost, but I have a brand new replacement vacuum hose that has brass threaded connectors, looks to be really easy to switch out. But i'm wondering if i have to disassemble much of the engine to find the location of the part.
 

mercuk

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Joined
Feb 6, 2012
Messages
122
Re: 1981 v6 90hp merc vacuum line question

Are you sure it's a V6?!! You might have a bit more luck trying to find related things on an INLINE 6 engine as the age for the motor and HP stated would point more towards and inline 6 engine......
Just might narrow down your search a little..Good luck.
 

aussieflash

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Joined
Feb 5, 2011
Messages
1,004
Re: 1981 v6 90hp merc vacuum line question

Post engine serial# and maybe a pic of your engine.Takes the guess work out....90hp is not a V6.
 

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
15,938
Re: 1981 v6 90hp merc vacuum line question

If its between #3 and #4 spark plugs and has a small hard 1/8" line, it was to a OEM water pressure gauge....
 
Top