FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
The motor revs out of control when I start it. Can anyone tell me what might be causing this. I mean it is scary the rpms it is getting to. Is there a vacuum hose or something? J140TLCIM is the model. Linkage seems to be fine.
The timer base is on the stop. There does appear to be some small hoses that are not all hooked up. I am not sure where these go. Is there a diagram somewhere?
One of the fittings that goes into the bypass cover is broken so there is no place to put the hose. I am having heck finding where to purchase one. I can't find it on the diagram anywhere on the iboats site. Any help is appreciated.
Yes but are they brass? If they are Boobie can give you the part number. I busted one off my motor a ways back and couldnt find part number. He sent me the part number and I ordered it. Like $7
Thanks 175 that is the part I need! Also the timer base is on the back stop. There was one of the re-circulation hoses disconnected at the crank case and one at the intake. Any chance that would cause my problem? The motor has sat a while. Plan to decarb it when I get a chance.
When at normal idle, all 4 carb butterflys must be closed. There is a rod between carbs, and it is adjustable, usually with a screw mechanism on one carb. either carb (2 barrels) are ajar, that will feed extra air/fuel into the engine. You'll have to pull the airbox cover off to check this. All 4 must be closed and the cam roller must not touch the roller at idle. You should be able to slip a pc of paper between the cam and roller at idle.
Got it running great. While trying to tighten up the fuel line on the carb I broke the plastic inlet nipple. Can anyone help me with a part #? By the way it ran great after I got the circulation hoses fixed. Any help with the part # for the carb inlet nipple would be appreciated. It is not showing on the diagram.
Fixing the circulation hose fixed my problem. Now I have broken the plastic inlet nipple on the bottom of the carb. Can anyone help me with a part #? Thanks in advance.