1980's Hydro Glass Restoration Project

kcon

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hey everybody! Hope you all had a great 2021 season either boating or building/repairing your dream boat!

Forgot to give updates when I finished my seasonal projects!

rgJnROo.jpg

New seat bases, all sealed and carpeted up, very stiff and provide great storage space now!

7lQh8Nr.jpg

View of the cockpit and bow, I got a new speaker system in, and finally made that front-center cushion seat.

DyEZuqm.jpg

View of the boat during a trip to Hudson, NY

And here's some pics from my boating trips along the Hudson River in NY!
PXfCq2L.jpg

Esopus Meadows Lighthouse

fIDIrup.jpg

View from the Statue of Liberty (2.5 hour ride south from me by boat)

And here I am, your humble Captain!
OM5zbLQ.jpg

kcon

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hey folks!

Been a few years! Ordering some fresh oil to get my boat ready for spring and wanted to post some updates, maybe motive some people on the forum to keep chipping away at their own boat projects!

Want to say, WoodOnGlass's paint technique using the Tractor Supply Rustoleum Tractor paint + hardener (with the updated mix ratio for hardener) sprayed out - has held up incredible. Last year I did some wet sanding, then orbital polishing and it came out awesome, and damage it super easy to fix with this paint, and blends awesome with polishing. I scratch the paint all the time just banging into docks or sandbars, never an issue to repair.

Here's some 2023 pictures of the boat:
Gmnodwr.jpeg

ElojzPR.jpeg

3nr8iQH.jpeg

wbCDW0S.jpeg

WQAbPPu.jpeg

I have some friends in the Navy Seal community, so I got to run the boat to the Statue of Liberty to run support in the New York City Navy Seal Foundation Swim from Liberty State Park to The Statue of Liberty then to the World Trade Center and work with my lil boat on the water along side some SEALs and NYPD, FDNY, NJSP, etc. REALLY fun time.
mWKf5bR.jpeg

Ox6YQMb.jpeg

ZqICPMg.jpeg

bcjkco4.jpeg

yDjTTjn.jpeg

XTKNsgN.jpg

As always, huge thanks to everyone that had helped me along the way on this post. Hope everybody has a great 2024 season!