1980 dt8 carb

silverbul

Petty Officer 1st Class
can anyone help with a link for a carb for a 1980 suzuki dt8, i dont want to drive to japan.

lakensea

Chief Petty Officer
Why would you drive to Japan? I would think your local dealer is probably closer. Did you try them?

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
why are you needing a new carb?
what did you find wrong with yours?
or did you een take it apart to see what is wrong?

silverbul

Petty Officer 1st Class
i took it apart, the 2 ears that hold the pin for the float, 1 was broken and was letting the float sag on 1 side. bummer.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
as said local Suzuki dealer or do a web search for suzuki outboard parts if you do not have a local dealer

silverbul

Petty Officer 1st Class
Update, went mcgiver and jb welded on the carb on saturdat, let it cure for three days, did all the cleaning and tuning in. new plugs. runs like a bat out of hello, been running for a couple days at full throttle off and on in the trash can, idle's like a sewing machine. Time will tell. taking it to the lake tomorrow. DON'T HATE. I have the upmost confidence.

silverbul

Petty Officer 1st Class
update 2. the wife and i took out the boat today, spent about 5 hours on the water so she could get sun. starts really easy and after a few minor adjustments on fuel air mix and idle, the thing runs like a well oiled machine. will it last, we shall see. im still going to get a new carb but going to try this for this season and order one this fall.

Attachments

• DSCF0003.JPG
    DSCF0003.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
  • DSCF0023.JPG
    DSCF0023.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 2

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
good to hear you fixed it like that.
I thought to mention some type of repair to those mounting points, but was not sure how well you would take that

silverbul

Petty Officer 1st Class
good to hear you fixed it like that.
I thought to mention some type of repair to those mounting points, but was not sure how well you would take that
wasnt too sure how people would take me saying i did that, have used jb weld for years in much worse fixes and they all worked out well. all i had to do here was keep a piddly pin in place. rock on brother.