1979 Chrysler striper tri-hull rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rslavinjr

Cadet
Hello all of iboats I am currently in the process of rebuilding a 1979 chrysler striper tri-hull and have some questions about the boat and the rebuild. Does anyone have any photos of or can give me a measurement of where the waterline is. I am wanting to possibly install a scupper on each side near the rear of the boat above the deck. I'm enlarging the bilge box by 4 inches and putting a solid bulkhead in to close off the bilge. My plan is to add a rod locker into the former bilge that's 8'6" long and foaming the rest of the space in when I foam in both sides after installing my deck. I'll add some photos of how it sits as of now. My phone broke about a month ago so i do not have any of the teardown or prior to teardown photos. Which is unfortunate because I had a 4' bee hive inside of my bilge due to a bad floor. I have removed the top cap (set aside), stringers, transom, and deck. My plan is to tidy her up and fish out of her. No carpet just Herculiner roll on bed liner on the deck after glassing it all in with 2 layers of 1708.

alldodge

Staff member
Not sure if anyone hear has the measurement, but if unable to find, suggest trying FB. There is a group called "Chrysler the best outboard ever"

Rslavinjr

Cadet
Just a quick update. Unfortunately I have been unable to do any work on the boat due to these dang cold and wet winter rain storms. Hoping to be able to get back to work on it over the weekend or on Monday. Next step is pb'ing in the stringers.

GonzoJ

Recruit
I also own a '79 striper with the skier 700 motor and plan on doing the transom and stringers in the near future. I need to gather more info on what wood and epoxy to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.