1979 22' Starcraft SuperSport V5 Restoration

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1979 22' Starcraft SuperSport V5 Restoration

A roll of carpet showed up today and I worked on getting some of the leftover glue off the deck. There are some spots where the glue and some of the felt backing stayed stuck to the deck. I bought a Bosch Oscillating Tool a while back for some tight quarters sanding ( which it didn't work very well for), but, it has a scraping blade and works great for peeling up the glue. I worked about an hour today and got about 40% of it off. After that a quick belt sand and we should be ready to put some carpet down. I had to order some more adhesive as well and hopefully that comes next week.

Tonight my wife and I got together with some friends we haven't seen in a long time. Turns out one of the ladies that was there, has been doing boat upholstery on the side as a hobby for the last 4-5 years. So I showed her pics of what I still had to do and she said she could do the rest of my cushions and stuff for me this winter. Yay! That's good news to me.....

catfishr1

Petty Officer 1st Class

:encouragement:Sure am happy you sorted it out so quickly Dave; Know how disheartening it is when a great plan blows up on us.

Grandad

Lieutenant Commander

Hey dj, the silence is deafening. Where are you with the project? Are you frozen up for the winter or are you still working on it? - Grandad

dozerII

Admiral

As Grandad, said, where you hiding DJ, are you still working on her.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

It may not seem like it right now, but spring is coming my friend! We both need to float boats in a few short months!

Whatchauptoo?:encouragement:

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander

Snowmobiling!!! Just got a sled again after a 14 year hiatus. Nothing gives quite the rush....lol

I haven't forgotten about the boat. I still need to get the carpet down on the deck and I really need warmer weather for that. I'll get her done. One more year maybe.....:D I've been poking in here once and a while. I wont disappear.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Snowmobiling!!! Just got a sled again after a 14 year hiatus. Nothing gives quite the rush....lol

I haven't forgotten about the boat. I still need to get the carpet down on the deck and I really need warmer weather for that. I'll get her done. One more year maybe.....:D I've been poking in here once and a while. I wont disappear.

Snowmobiling? I guess that means you're sorta on the water. :lol: And a year 'til splash - How time flies. ;)

KING RAT

Seaman Apprentice

The long ones are to put a cover by way of lattice strips , I would think...

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Translation of prior post. He uses lettuce on his hot dogs. :lol:

King, quote some of the post you're replying to so we and the OP know what page you're on. I think you are talking about a boat cover from one of the almost 1000 posts in this thread. Thanks.

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander
Wow Wood, slapping people on the wrist.....Yep, it's been 5 months and two weeks! Sheesh........lol I was going to work on her this week, but a 70 hour work week got in the way. I'm really, really hoping to get the carpet finished soon so that the interior can start coming together. I'll get back working on it again (like next week). I keep browsing craigslist for "fun" and dreaming how cool it'd be to have a low 20's foot boat that could handle Lake Michigan. I have a 17' four winns freedom also, but it's a little small. I then remember I have what I want.....I just need to get it finished.....sigh.

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral
It's been 5 months since the OP has posted to this thread. Forum rules (#12 specifically)ask that only the OP post to these old threads.

Forum Rules and Guidelines

I don't think rule #12 applies anymore since there aren't red banners on outdated posts now.

... oh wait, the red banners never really stopped people from bringing old posts up from the archives either! Maybe a flashing blue light would work better?:mod:

strokendiesel002

Petty Officer 1st Class
I just read this from front to back and didn't skip a single post, or go to the end for a spoiler and I can't wait to see the finished product!!! Great work man!

BTW- I somehow wound up here from what started as a google search for the old metal gas can that came with my '79 80hp Mariner... don't ask me how 'cause I couldn't tell ya.

Just looking forward to more!!!

UConnMRB

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I read the entire thread today. Awesome boat. The finish line is ahead, keep going.