1979 22' Starcraft SuperSport V5 Restoration

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1979 22' Starcraft SuperSport V5 Restoration

Hey! I did something today other than "think". I'm hoping for more consistent updates now....

Got my dash mocked up:

0151bdf2.jpg

I had to cut the switch panel hole larger and add one hole for an additional gauge. I'm going to make a panel out of aluminum, not quite sure about the finish I want on the panel yet, maybe satin black.

Does anyone know how to get the real "brushed" aluminum look? Would it then have to be anodized to keep it looking good???

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Does anyone know how to get the real "brushed" aluminum look? Would it then have to be anodized to keep it looking good???

Are you kinda thinking like the hull/dash on my Jet? Or something a lil different?

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander

Are you kinda thinking like the hull/dash on my Jet? Or something a lil different?

Like if ya buy a nice brushed aluminum part that may have some fancy detail work to it, so it looks consistent and stays that way. I may be able to get some Cnc time at work, but wouldn't want the machined look....

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander

Maybe see if yous can get it powder coated????

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander

Not much to see here....stay tuned though!..............

Otte

Petty Officer 1st Class

Push dude. Let me get mine done and if you still need help I am willing to jump in. I like that transom tool you made for the drains. You still have that around?

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander

Push dude. Let me get mine done and if you still need help I am willing to jump in. I like that transom tool you made for the drains. You still have that around?

Yeah, actually, I got it here on Iboats. If ya need to borrow it let me know. Makes putting them in a piece of cake.

sprintst

Commander

Just going through some of the pics again. She looks great man.

Makes me think I should have done a storage locker as well. The whole splashwell area and drain look better than factory.

Your dash is going to look great. Now I need to figure out how to do mine :)

tosoutherncars

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Just found the thread Dave... looks great! Just the sort of setup I eventually want to swap my motor onto (from its current beat-up fiberglass hull). Keep at it!

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks guys for checking in on me. Once i get my garage back in order after a few projects on my new to me Jeep, we'll get back at the boat.

catfishr1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hi Dave; I too just found the thread. Have started at beginning & am up to page 8. Wow, super boat & super resto. Am going to read every single post on this thread. I have 18' s.s. v with 150h.p. inline merc. Am just about ready to start my resto. Know a lot of yours & the gangs info will help more than words can describe. Have to fig. how to [post my pics better]. Safe & happy boating to you pard.

Attachments

• th_2011-12-29_12-20-32_672.jpg
    th_2011-12-29_12-20-32_672.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 0

jbcurt00

Staff member

Catfish: Check here: PHOTO posts @Iboats

I too need to spend some time getting my garage in order. I actually have to push 1/2 out of the garage to grind, garage is under the master, so grinding dust/debris needs to be primarily outside, the MRS isn't a fan of wearing her respirator EVER let alone while in the master:D

Looking forward seeing you make some more progress, it's really looking good....

catfishr1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thank you so very much jb. Brain only works half as well as it use to. :redface:

64osby

Admiral

Not much to see here....stay tuned though!..............

Dave, been watching / subscribed, (for a long time:)) Great project, Great work. Hope you got the Jeep stuff worked out, Straight six or 8?

Your project (added - Like most projects here) reminds me of running the mile, (many many years ago) you work your butt off and then you hit the last lap, your dead tired down the back stretch, but you start rounding the last corner and you start your kick, going for the strong finish.

Your on the last lap before the curve.

Want to see that beast on the water this year.

Michigan Mada Meet - coming soon at a lake near us.

Last edited:

Otte

Petty Officer 1st Class

Dave, been watching / subscribed, (for a long time:)) Great project, Great work. Hope you got the Jeep stuff worked out, Straight six or 8?

Your project (added - Like most projects here) reminds me of running the mile, (many many years ago) you work your butt off and then you hit the last lap, your dead tired down the back stretch, but you start rounding the last corner and you start your kick, going for the strong finish.

Your on the last lap before the curve.

Want to see that beast on the water this year.

Michigan Mada Meet - coming soon at a lake near us.

Love this analogy. As a track and field coach that makes sense to me. I am just surprised that a former distance runner shows this much intelligence (former sprinter here).;)

talltx

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I'm watching also Dave. Really nice skills you have. That ol' girl has never looked as fine as she will very soon. :)

64osby

Admiral

Love this analogy. As a track and field coach that makes sense to me. I am just surprised that a former distance runner shows this much intelligence (former sprinter here).;)

I wasn't a distance guy, thankfully, 1/4 mile, 220, relays, hurdles, high jump, ....... But still had to do time trials on occasion. The more I competed the shorter distance events I competed in, some days are better than others on the intelligence scale.

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander

Hey! Sorry but been real busy lately. The Jeep is squared away, got all the maintainence that I like to do to "new to me" vehicles done. It's an '04 Grand Cherokee Overland. It was a one lady owner in mint condition, but, had 139,000 miles on it. I looks like it's got 40,000 on it. It's got a 265hp V-8 in it and it scoots!

I've been tiling our bath/laundry room the past few weekends, but still hope to get to the boat soon. I'm starting to get the itch again. My family has enjoyed me being in the house a little more this winter over last. Thanks for the encouragement i'll keep things posted.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

It's an '04 Grand Cherokee Overland. It was a one lady owner in mint condition, but, had 139,000 miles on it. I looks like it's got 40,000 on it. It's got a 265hp V-8 in it and it scoots!

About a year and a half ago I bought an '05 with the 4.7 with 79k on it. Got a good deal on it but it wasn't in the greatest of shape and had or developed a number of annoying issues that would be time consuming/costly to fix. We loved the grand cherokee, just not THAT one :p So two weeks ago I traded it for an excellent condition '06 Limited with 47k miles. Oh yeah, and it has THE HEMI!!!!! So ridiculously fast!