1978 hustler has a new home

mudslinging79

Petty Officer 1st Class
swapped labor for a lil bass boat, found out its a 1978 hustler needing some TLC. comes with a trailer, and an 18 horse outboard. a friend hooked me up with a 35 horse, so I have a couple options.

Cdkarem

Seaman Apprentice
Sounds as close to free and still not free as you can get. I have a feeling I will end up falling into rebuilding more than just the boat I just started on now as well. It's addictive! Got any pictures?

muskyfins

Chief Petty Officer
Is this the Hustler boats out of Spring Grove, Illinois? I believe it is. (not to be confused with the Hustler boat company that makes the offshore boats)

I actually store my boats at their facility. They stopped building boats by the early 80's and they converted the manufacturing facilities into indoor storage and a repair facility. Still owned by the Umbarger family. Great people. If you're interested here's a link to some of their products.

http://www.grantclassof1952.com/Page hustler boats.htm

PS-pictures would make this thread 1000 times better. Preferably of your new boat, but any pictures will do.:lol:

mudslinging79

Petty Officer 1st Class
no its a company in Louisiana,bossier city. they did fiberglass bass boats, stick steering, and this ones rated for 40 horses... came with an 18 horse which if its like my 12 foot sportsmen's, should move it along. almost hesitant to drop a 35 on her

mudslinging79

Petty Officer 1st Class
sorry,been busy at work, ordered a seat pedestal mount, working on the trailer, will try to get pics posted tonight

mudslinging79

Petty Officer 1st Class
well, tore up the old floorboard, found ants made a home in the foam, relocated them to my shop vac. stringers are good, looking at new foam, decking, and glassing it in.