1977 Wellcraft Suncruiser complete restore

knotperfect

Seaman
Re: 1977 Wellcraft Suncruiser complete restore

NORCAL.... Interesting post. Yours is the first Suncruiser 2000 that I have come across. Mine has a grill on the port side near the passenger seat. No toilet. You can see in my gallery that the captains chair is on a post, I'm not sure that I will put that back. I am still in the planning for the re-build. If you have any questions about what is underneath the skin, let me know. Cheers.

Mike Mo

Cadet

Wow I have the same boat and I'm doing the same thing, do you have any advice? What do you think is a good price for having the stringers and Floor replaced?

knotperfect

Seaman

If you are asking how much to pay someone to do the work, I have no idea. There is a ton of labor involved and about $500 worth of materials. I would say that the bill would far exceed the value of the boat. I probably have 15 hours labor in so far and I am about 50% finished with all the stringer work. Good luck, keep us posted

Mike Mo

Cadet

I'm going to pull the engine out in the morning, do you still need pics of the original motor mounts?

knotperfect

Seaman

PLease.... I have a plan but the original design would help a lot. THanks.

rickryder

Commander

I probably have 15 hours labor in so far and I am about 50% finished with all the stringer work. Good luck, keep us posted

Is that 15 or 150?? lol We have about 500 hours in our restore....and about $1500 in materials

Mike Mo

Cadet

PLease.... I have a plan but the original design would help a lot. THanks.

Looks like I'm pulling out the foam and stringers myself also. When I get all of the foam out, I will send many pics......If you need measurements I can do that now. If you want to just give me a call with more specifics you can call me at EDIT Mike.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Mo

Cadet
Original Stringer measurments

Original Stringer measurments

Zoom into this scan and you should be able to read it, let me know if you can't. Just so you know I paid a guy to re-fiberglass the entire boat and redo the floor. He has some kind of fiberglass mesh that he is using instead of wood for the stringers, you may be interested. I'll send you pics when he gets to that part, he is still cleaning the hull out.
I'm also converting a 350 Vortec motor for use with a carburetor . if you have any questions or advice let me know.

Attachments

• 1977 Suncruiser.pdf
    465.3 KB · Views: 0