1977 johnson rope start can it be converted to electric start

pappie

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Oct 17, 2005
Messages
12
Just curious and how much would it cost? Any ideas out there
 

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral
Joined
May 29, 2004
Messages
4,856
Re: 1977 johnson rope start can it be converted to electric start

pappie, I have no idea what it would cost but I suspect you could buy a motor like yours with electric start cheaper than you could add it to yours.<br /><br />If you specify the horsepower of your motor, someone here may be able to approximate the cost of what you're asking.
 

DHPMARINE

Captain
Joined
Dec 16, 2003
Messages
3,688
Re: 1977 johnson rope start can it be converted to electric start

If you have a 9.9/15 hp motor the kit number is 173344 @ $699.00<br /><br />If you have a 25/35 hp the kit number is 173346 (now 173964) @ $399.95.<br /><br />I would try to find a complete used (non-running)cranking electric start motor,and swap over the parts as needed.Don't overlook any safety devices.Someone else may have to operate the boat and get hurt,otherwise.<br /><br />DHP
 
Top