1976 Starcraft Chieftain 18' OB - restomod

Gibbles

Lieutenant Commander
I need to get a group photo before i start selling off boats... lol

At a minimum I'll get the chief and the islander together and snap some pictures.

I'm not sure if i want 4 boats in my front yard at once. :)

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Hi all. Just wanted to give a quick update.

Got that old Johnson sold and gone! 😃

I've also made some progress on the 70 Merc over the last few days.

Got both carbs cleaned, installed new gaskets and reassembled both.
The water cooled fuel pump has been cleaned; new gaskets and diaphragm installed. Received the carb coupler today. Will install that when I put the carbs back on.

Went to my local Merc mechanic and picked up some fuel hose and the pump kit. Will be seeing them again soon for other stuff.

Pulled the lower unit off this evening. It was no problem at all... after we found and got the last screw nut removed! 🤪 I already have a new impeller and will get to work on the water pump tomorrow.

I'm still waiting for more parts, but one order will be here tomorrow or the day office. The other (for a fuel filter) won't be here until next week, but I can temporarily cannibalize the one from the KF if I have to.

So, things are moving along. With luck, I hope to get the engine fired up in the next 2 or 3 days.

1.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Got the water pump stuff removed this morning, then bought a new water pump kit from the local shop. Pricey! :oops:

I'll get it all installed tomorrow. Definitely needed though. :sneaky::sneaky:

2.jpg

1.jpg

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Got the new water pump rebuilt and installed this morning. Had to take time out to go buy another part (for the prop), which slowed me down a little. The new fuel filter arrived yesterday.

So! I'm ready to start putting things back together tomorrow. 😁

1.jpg