1975 STARCRAFT SS 18'ft

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyFire

Seaman Apprentice
Ok here it goes after finding this site via google and seeing EZ's restore i fig i would post a lil bit my own.
Although my funds are limited i have the best electronics you would want and spares lol :facepalm:
Im gonna post my pics to show my progress feel free to shoot me for not going original.
The motor i pulled from a 1969 sumthing fiberglass i forget but all that mattered to me was its ran but rough and was only fresh water use on 1 pond it whole life.
that was till the previous owner let the neighbor and his buddys take it out and hit a rock ripping the transom 3/4 the way off that back of the boat.

So i completely rebuilt the motor 1975 70hp Evinrude.(to use on this starcraft)
pistons, rings, reeds, carbs, lower unit, power trim/tilt wiring, stator, all new but no paint.
thats so the local theives here wont take it cause it looks old !:D
This boat came to me from the last owner for 300$ no trailer/motor but the only catch was i had to:eek: fetch it off the bottom of the annisquam river:eek:
so i tore the whole thing down to the shell
left the transom alone.
rerivit both rails back to ribs GLUVIT to all seams and rivits.
re enforced the floor with 3" wide 3/16"alum strips port to starb then one eachside bow to stern. then 3/4 marinetex ply cut to fit my own measurements as the old wood was well sea sponge it was in the river for 1 1/2 years. still tied to his dock where it sank!:eek:
there was a home made side console on starb side but was made outta steel angle iron
so i picked up the console you see in the photos below for 150$ discounted do to when it arrived for the customer it was scratched the manu was told so and sent another no charge and keep the old so i bought it from the dealer here:D
so this will be a C/C boat with 2 back to back louge seats chopped to make a single bench seat from starb to port to cover the splashwell area.

got a 15 gallon poly tank to hide in there, along with 2 batts.

thats all for my first post fire away !

0710001414.jpg0627001501a.jpg0627001500.jpg0627001502a.jpg0627001501c.jpg

Re: 1975 STARCRAFT SS 18'ft

Johnny,

Welcome to iBoats. Great story on the boat and motor. I am not a tinny guy but this should make a nice center console. Looking good so far.

KellyC

Senior Chief Petty Officer

All I have to say is WOW. Now that is doing some work by reviving a sunk boat:eek:, and one that has been down that long as well. You are doing a good job Johnnyfire. No one is going to give you a bad time for not keeping to original, lots of that going on around here. And you did right for posting pics as well, now the mob won't be coming for you like they have others:D. Keep up the good work and also posting pics. If you have any questions just fire away and I am sure that someone will jump right on it. This group of people around here are a great bunch.

BTW, welcome to iboats and have doing your rebuild dude.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Wow, what a rescue. That hull will make a great center console. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it!

JohnnyFire

Seaman Apprentice

the floor is in but im am still unsure whether or not to place my fuel tank under the spashwell or under the console?

took it out for some sea trials with a 6 gal tank and one batt aft.
it seems heavy in the rear but gets up and goes like no tomorrow.
whats really confusing me is not much of a top end but no performance loss when i had myself and 3 others with 10 lobster pots on deck!!! hole shot was same as well as top speed.

I plan on doing nothing but salt water fishing. so i may incorporate a live well/anchor box forward.

as far as electronics i have the furuno FCV-620 600watt, Standard CP-300, Icom M504 with scrambler chip to listen to the tuna guys lol;);) and gotta fig out sum how to mount the Furuno 1623 Radar.
If anyone is interested i also have 2 other color gps chart plotters Standard CP-155c
and CP-175c. I would like to sell for funds for my boat.
the company i work for Seatronics (Gloucester,MA) has been in business since 1973 and well what can i say if we dont have it you dont need it!:D
I just repaired a 1965 PAPER sounding machine LMFAO
but that guy has been catching prize winning tuna for years.
gonna post more photos this week. weather hasnt been the best but at least the pots are in:rolleyes:
did run into an issue with the power trim tilt as of now its not responding tiem to take it apart hopefully its just the brushes we got those instock lol.
next to sell is my laptop since i got the Mrs to buy me the parts to build my new desktop PC custom.

Status
Not open for further replies.