1975 Dixie Fiberglass Products 13ft Malibu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildey

Petty Officer 1st Class
You've done a fine job there !
Can be enjoyed by all for quite some time to come.
Good for another 40 years .... if taken care of.
Cheers ! and thanks for taking us along on the rebuild.

Shotgunrem14

Cadet
This boat has been in my family since the 80s. It has literally been everywhere. From the bay to the lake and back again. I am trying to get family members to go through the old photo albums and find old pictures of this boat so I will have them. Here is one from who knows how long ago of a family member pulling someone on tube? Or something with this boat lol

Attachments

• IMG_20240108_141405.jpg
    IMG_20240108_141405.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:

Shotgunrem14

Cadet
You've done a fine job there !
Can be enjoyed by all for quite some time to come.
Good for another 40 years .... if taken care of.
Cheers ! and thanks for taking us along on the rebuild.
Thanks. Definitely glad I got around to getting this done and seeing it through to the end. Very happy with the end product.

Ericsand1967

Recruit
Got the boat back on the trailer. Replaced the bunks, carpet, lights, winch, and bunk brackets on the trailer while I had it off it. Picked me up a bow mount 45lb thrust tiller steer trolling motor for the boat which I got installed yesterday. And I got the 15 HP Mercury on the back of it. I did go ahead and run 2 bolts through the transom to make sure that motor is not going anywhere. Siliconed the heck out of the holes I drilled so they should be water tight for years to come. Will post some more pics of it in the water and some once I finally get around to installing the Bimini top I bought a year ago for it.
Im restoring the same boat. Nice job!
Q: how does she run with a 15? Like by yourself theres no way you got on plane right? Or yes? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.