1975 Chris Craft 307B101 engine part search

jamesberry88

Recruit
I?m having trouble sourcing parts, thanks in advance for any help. I have a 1975 Chris Craft 17? Lancer. On the engine valve cover it says Chris Craft Model 307B101, which I believe is 215HP. Googling that for parts has returned very little. It is an OMC sterndrive and I?m assuming a Chevy 307. Did Chris Craft re-brand an OMC stern drive package? Is there an OMC model I should be using to source parts, something like TUFM-19EX-20D or TUFR-19EX-20D? I have found both in an old OMC parts catalog the previous owner gave me.

The OMC owner?s manual that came with the boat states the spark plugs should be AC-CR43K or Champion J6. A separate document that came with the boat and names the exact engine model number states AC MR43T. These plugs have a different reach, tip, and seat. I can?t validate which document is correct. In the OMC parts catalog, for the OMC models above, it calls out all 3 as valid spark plugs. Only the AC CR43k and J6 are for a 215 EX model only and the AC R43T is for 215 20D models only. Any ideas or are there additional markings on the boat that would help? I don?t know what the EX or 20D are.

Also, I have a small oil leak, which I?m having trouble finding parts. Can I source Chevy 307 intake and valve cover gaskets?

Thanks,

wrench 3

Commander
The 43T spark plugs are a tapered seat but the other ones are a gasket seat. Which type do you have in your engine.
The marine intake gaskets are usually different than the automotive. They have different restrictors for the manifold heater. Valve cover gaskets are the same but I'd recommend the neoprene ones.

jamesberry88

Recruit
It has Champion RV9YC with a tapered seat in right now. Those were put in by the previous owner so I was hoping to validate they are correct. Thanks for your reply and great advice.

wrench 3

Commander
I can't see someone mixing them up but to verify, if you look in at the holes you should be able to see the flat surface for the spark plug gasket. If that's what it should have.