1975 35 Double Alternator

Fishbone SC

Recruit
Can anyone help crossing a Prestolite alternator -ALE 6221Y-1H. it is on the port side of a Chris Craft 350-Q25 engine?

Fishbone SC

Recruit
Thanks for the info on the Alternator. I have another question. The oil pressure is twice as high as it should be on one engine, 80ish, it has developed a leak or it is blowing it out. I have not found where the leak is yet. Any ideas as to what would cause the pressure to be so high? By the way, it still runs like a champ.

alldodge

Staff member
Are you sure it's 80ish, it could be a defective gauge?
To verify remove sender and install a handheld mechanical gauge.

If it is that high and the motor has not been modified (rebuilt with high volume oil pump) then it could be the pump bypass valve is stuck, filter or remote filter.

Does the motor have a remote filter?
Is oil filter new?
Look at where the filter attaches to the block and see if the bypass is plugged or the one in the center is. Will be hard to see

Fishbone SC

Recruit
Are you sure it's 80ish, it could be a defective gauge?
To verify remove sender and install a handheld mechanical gauge.

If it is that high and the motor has not been modified (rebuilt with high volume oil pump) then it could be the pump bypass valve is stuck, filter or remote filter.

Does the motor have a remote filter?
Is oil filter new?
Look at where the filter attaches to the block and see if the bypass is plugged or the one in the center is. Will be hard to see
I will check that out once I get the oil out of the well and cleaned up so I can tell where the oil is coming from. It was 80 the whole trip from Myrtle Beach to Georgetown SC 60NM. Ran great and noticed the oil puddle the next day