FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1974 Mercury 402 and would like to covert it to push button start. I have the wiring harness but not the control unit.
The wire that I called orange is a red wire on the end of my wiring harness.
I will pick up a control unit ,I have the motor mounted on a stand and need to get it started to check it out.
I seen a utube video of a guy who change a key start to push button.
I like the idea of a push to start. I have a 14 foot bass boat.
I have a 1974 Mercury 402 and would like to covert it to push button start. I have the wiring harness but not the control unit.
The wire that I called orange is a red wire on the end of my wiring harness.
I am going to convert this motor to all electric by replacing the gas motor with a electric motor at 48v .
I can run this with up to 96v for speed but I will see how fast I can go with 48v.
For fishing 25 mph is all I need.I converted a Goldwing 1000 and a Volkswagen to electric, you can see that on firstontop com.