1973 rude 115 pooping fuses

coin operated

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 1973 rude 115. Just recently it popped a 25 amp fuse going to the remote control box. I replaced it, and it started and ran about ten minutes, then died. The fuse was popped again. Now as soon as I put a fuse in, it gets popped, even with the ignition switch in the off position. Any ideas?

deville

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 1973 rude 115 pooping fuses

"Pooping fuses".......................now thats funny

Seriously though, good luck

busted-bayliner

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have a 1973 rude 115. Just recently it popped a 25 amp fuse going to the remote control box. I replaced it, and it started and ran about ten minutes, then died. The fuse was popped again. Now as soon as I put a fuse in, it gets popped, even with the ignition switch in the off position. Any ideas?

you have a short to ground some where start looking at all the wiring in an around the motor also in the remote housing look for cracked insulation touching the motor also look for touching wires around the ignition switch

EricJRW

Chief Petty Officer

"Pooping fuses".......................now thats funny

Seriously though, good luck

It got me to look too. I was thinking, "Next best thing to a goose that lays golden eggs."

deville

Seaman Apprentice

Not to make lite of the situation (believe me when I say I feel for you. squirrely wiring can make you pull your and anyone near you hair out) i ust couldnt help myself. I sounds like you have a short to ground somewhere. Probably a pinched wire somewhere. Check all the grounds first and go from there. next inspect all the spade or blade connectors. I hope you can work it out. this summer is way too nice to just look at the boat sitting in the yard-trust me, I know