1973 16' SS build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayb123

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1973 16' SS build

looks nice and clean so far :D
what kind of ply and what size did you end up using?

emoney

Commander

Something about laying a floor down makes a project feel like it's finally moving, doesn't it? Congrats on the "soon-to-be" 2nd Mate, and good work on the refab!

losdinspace

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Menards had Arco on sale, it is only 1/2". I would have used thicker but I want to save on the weight and use thicker alumium cross braces. I think I might double up in the bow where the small section is.

Bighoss

Petty Officer 1st Class

Losdin, nice job on the floors! Looks good Bro'

losdinspace

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Tried to get some work done today between the storms and tornados. I was able to pressure wash the hull and vacuum out more sand and crap.

Hope all everyone from the Mineapolis area made it thru the weather without damage or injury.

losdinspace

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The last two weekends I have been busy trying to get the SS back on the water. Sealed the hull with Gulvit and sealed the floor. I decided on using carpet and I am very happy with the results. I am waiting for vinyl then I can get some more work done.

losdinspace

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Some more pics.

Also finished the mount for the depth finder and mounted a new compass.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Looks super nice. That color shouldn't show dirt real bad either.

Bighoss

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nice!! So that's what they look like with floors and consoles in??? It's been so long for me it's hard to remember.

MichaelP

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Looking good! I'm putting that rear view mirror on my gotta have list.

chuckndiscs

Petty Officer 1st Class

Looking good! I'm putting that rear view mirror on my gotta have list.

Its for checkin' out the chicks in the rear of the... I mean watching the ski-ers, right? :D

Nice Work Losd!

losdinspace

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Got some more work done on the SS. Replaced all the vinyl on the bow seats with carpet that was left from the floor. I also removed the windshields and replaced all the broken rivets and cleaned them up. I removed the panels from the consoles to use as templates for the new pieces that will be recovered in a different grain white.

Installed both side panels.

And installed boxes and routed the wiring for the batteries.

I am going to pick up this seat and mount it in front of the batteries. Then I will pick up some front seats and be back on the water.

Huron Angler

Admiral

Everything is looking really nice losdinspace, good job on the interior:)

We had a rearview mirror like that on my dad's '86 Sea Nymph.

They are really handy and let you know when a boat is overtaking. Great item to have and I plan on getting one too.

The Humminbird on the bow looks awesome, is it a sidescan?

losdinspace

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Looks great.

Everything is looking really nice losdinspace, good job on the interior:)
The Humminbird on the bow looks awesome, is it a sidescan?

Thanks guys, coming from you guys it feels great. For being my first boat and first project that involves cutting plywood I'm pretty stoked.

The HB is a 570di. It's not color and it has more options then I would want. I also got the speed wheel for it too.

dozerII

Admiral

Looking real good, your doing a great job on the interior.
Glen

barbosam

Petty Officer 2nd Class

ya that looks really good, those seat are awesome!

Just one question... Do you have any access to your bilge? Bilge access on my holiday is very limitted due to the fuel tank and batteries being in the way and this drives me mad! Hopefully one day in the future I can move the tank below deck but for now it will continue to be a pain in the you know what.

Just a thought

losdinspace

Petty Officer 2nd Class

ya that looks really good, those seat are awesome!

Just one question... Do you have any access to your bilge? Bilge access on my holiday is very limitted due to the fuel tank and batteries being in the way and this drives me mad! Hopefully one day in the future I can move the tank below deck but for now it will continue to be a pain in the you know what.

Just a thought

I have some access but not alot, I set it up so the batteries can come out very quickly. I plan on using a plastic tank.

Here are some pics of the console panel that I took out and the replacements dry fitted. I have new vinyl that I will cover them with sometime this week after work. I have to get some more staples, the last box was the only one on the shelf but someone broke them all apart.

I just used what I had left over from doing the floor. Not bad for 3 sheets of ply. I stopped at Cabelas to get my seats but they happened to be out of stock. I am going to do in store pick up and hopefully it won't take too long to get them in.

Ignore the old ratty seats, they are not in the picture. :rolleyes:

Jayb123

Chief Petty Officer

man ... your cruising along nicely losd. Your bow railing and other aluminum looks real nice. How did you get them polished up so nicely....if I may ask? :D I think I may install a rear-view also. I can 'see' the benefit of having one.... pun intended...LOL :D

Status
Not open for further replies.