1972 seahorse recoil

FIRE34

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Nov 10, 2007
Messages
27
Hi I have a 1972 johnson seahorse 20 HP outboard. My manual recoil broke and i need to find another one. I have looked everywhere and cant seem to find one. So i was wondering what other models and year recoils will work for my motor. Or if someone knows where I can get one. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Justin :)
 

soundchaser

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Joined
Dec 8, 2009
Messages
176
Re: 1972 seahorse recoil

most of the 18 thru 25 stuff will work, But you'll probably have to use the part that meets your cowling from yours. Your's is probably a pretty easy repair though
 

F_R

Honorary Supreme Mariner
Joined
Jul 7, 2006
Messages
28,226
Re: 1972 seahorse recoil

Exactly what is broken on it? Unless it is the housing, it is cheap and easy to fix.
 

FIRE34

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Nov 10, 2007
Messages
27
Re: 1972 seahorse recoil

Im not sure what is broken on it. But when you pull the rope the recoil spring comes off of the pin that holds it in place. I might try just putting in a new spring i geuss. But i lost some of the parts that go to it. So im looking for one that was working and still put together.
 
Top