Hi All,
I recently purchased the motor stated above and the tilt motor was broken. Assuming that all I had to do was buy a tilt motor and hook it up to power via a switch, I did not ask how it actually hooked up. I have since realised that there is either solenoids or relays associated with the unit and I cannot find anything on the internet that specifically relates to my motor. Is there a way that you can create a DIY solution or does anyone know where I can get the parts to hook it up correctly? I am relatively new to boating and would appreciate any advice. I am keen to learn how to fix things on the outboard myself and am relatively handy so I am willing to try anything.
If further info is needed let me know. All advice is appreciated.
Cheers,
Amon
I recently purchased the motor stated above and the tilt motor was broken. Assuming that all I had to do was buy a tilt motor and hook it up to power via a switch, I did not ask how it actually hooked up. I have since realised that there is either solenoids or relays associated with the unit and I cannot find anything on the internet that specifically relates to my motor. Is there a way that you can create a DIY solution or does anyone know where I can get the parts to hook it up correctly? I am relatively new to boating and would appreciate any advice. I am keen to learn how to fix things on the outboard myself and am relatively handy so I am willing to try anything.
If further info is needed let me know. All advice is appreciated.
Cheers,
Amon