1971 Bass Boat Restore...

Erik4e

Cadet
Re: 1971 Bass Boat Restore...

Thanks for the reply! Thats what I am planning on. I hope to make it out this weekend and get a little further on the boat. Thanks for all the help guys!

Erik4e

Cadet

I did get a little more done this past weekend. Hope to post some pics soon.

I do have another question. I plan to build a rear casting deck. There was not one there before, and no real splashwell just a small 8" x 4" bilge area. ( I am assuming that is what it is called.) Where the bilge pump is mounted in. So If I build a casting deck that is approximatly 2' high, will I be ok doing this, as long as I leave atleast the same size bilge area. So it will be 8" x 4" and 2' high, with the bilge pump mounted in this space. ( hope this makes since!) Thanks! :)

Erik4e

Cadet

Hey guys, I got a little more done on the boat. Finished removing the stringer, and the two storage compartments. I still have some grinding and lots of sanding before I begin to reassemble, but things are moving along nicely. :)

I have 2 qestions.

1. I got a little carried away with the saw and cut thru the hull slightly!:redface: To fix this do I just use filler, sand it and re glass??

2. In one of the pics you can see where some of the material didnt appear to have any resin on it and was just dry strands of material. I did cut the loose are out before this pic was taken. There isnt any damage to the underside. So I was just thinking maybe they were skimpy at the factory. Anyway, I was thinking of covering this with 2 layers of 1.5 csm and a layer of 18oz. Would this be correct? Thanks

Erik

DSC07714.jpg

DSC07710.jpg

DSC07711.jpg