1971 16' starcraft supersport restore

McGR

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Joined
Jun 19, 2004
Messages
668
Re: 1971 16' starcraft supersport restore

That's definitely too slow. You should be doing mid to upper 20's.
 

BIGcarpy50

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 15, 2008
Messages
268
Re: 1971 16' starcraft supersport restore

I made my bow insert. I used 1x1 alum stock and attached them to the bow seats. I then carfully placed my hole in the middle to support the seta post. I'm gonna easypoxy it later but for now i thought i would show it off. I did it in about 3 hrs in my driveway.

http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/jj359/bigcarpy50/bow seat/P1050838.jpg

http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/jj359/bigcarpy50/bow seat/P1050841.jpg

http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/jj359/bigcarpy50/bow seat/P1050840.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
23,767
Re: 1971 16' starcraft supersport restore

Looking good. I plan a similar set up on mine.
 

geedubcpa

Petty Officer 1st Class
Joined
Jun 1, 2009
Messages
209
Re: 1971 16' starcraft supersport restore

As a follow up - how did the front bow seat work out in the water - I want to do the same thing - is there enough room to maneuver around? Does it feel stable?

Thanks
 

BIGcarpy50

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 15, 2008
Messages
268
Re: 1971 16' starcraft supersport restore

As a follow up - how did the front bow seat work out in the water - I want to do the same thing - is there enough room to maneuver around? Does it feel stable?

Thanks

with the addition of the removeable piece it is rock solid. It does move fide to side abour 1/8" but not enough to notice. Its freaking awesome to get out there tho and not worry about stepping off the bench seats while fighting a fish.
 

jjacobs007

Lieutenant
Joined
Mar 10, 2009
Messages
1,257
Re: 1971 16' starcraft supersport restore

I know its been sometime since anyone wrote here but i just bought a 1971 18ft starcraft and im restoring it was wondering if u still have yours and could look at my pics so we can compare boats and stuff.
 

BIGcarpy50

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 15, 2008
Messages
268
Re: 1971 16' starcraft supersport restore

update...

Got the motor running with a carb rebuild. Not gonna lie I was nervous about the small peices and hurting the carb but it was easy. now i'm getting 27mph with me and my brother in the boat.
 
Top