FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I don't know if I have a broken rotor or not.<br />I see the brass contact on the outside edge of the rotor, but I see no other contact that would complete the circut.<br />????
Probably not broke. My 70 115 (which I believe is the same rotor) is like that as well. I didn't ask how it works... just know it does <br /><br />Is there reason to think your rotor is bad IEoor running engine???
Thanks Dave,<br />No spark.<br />I changed the coil and the points.<br />I don't thint that it is worth an amplifier assy.<br />I am hoping that it is something simple.
On the back side of the brass stud, there is a brass ring that goes totally around the inside ring of the rotor. If the rotor has been in use very long, the ring will be blackened over, and hard to see