1968 Starcraft Holiday 18' - V - O.B.- 1st time project - 97% finished-Starcraft sec

Rich11304

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1968 Starcraft Holiday 18' - V - O.B.- 1st time project - 97% finished-Starcraft

Winter frameWinter frame 1 - Front.JPGWinter frame 2 - Back.JPGWinter frame 3 - Side.JPGWinter frame 4 - Top.JPGWinter frame 5 - At work.JPG

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1968 Starcraft Holiday 18' - V - O.B.- 1st time project - 97% finished-Starcraft

Rich, now I'm totally confused. Your location is Hollywood, FL. What's all that white stuff covering the Holiday and tarp?

InMotion

Commander

Rich, now I'm totally confused. Your location is Hollywood, FL. What's all that white stuff covering the Holiday and tarp?

I think it's called "Global Warming"... got greenish grass here in Canada and snowish grass in Florida. Go figure.:loco:

tgp***

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Nicely done. Just got to your thread. Did you get a chance to try those Nauticus tabs out??

Rich11304

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ga_Boaters - "InMotion"'s response was more clever. This boat was always meant to be a vacation boat when I go to Canada for a month every year. I leave it at my mom's house near mt-St-Anne in Quebec. Mom sent pictures of boat. It got down to -25F a few weeks ago. I just hope I winterized it properly.

Looking for a new project that will stay in South Florida. Probably an Islander 24' or 26' big enough to go fishing in the Bahamas, bracket with twin 140. I'm going to rip everything and start from ground, well, hull up. It will be fun. I want to keep it light and with as little wood as possible. I'm going to have to rethink everything because this baby will be going in salt water. Unfortunately, we don't have too many Starcraft Islanders around here so I have to wait until right opportunity comes along.

Rich11304

Petty Officer 2nd Class

jbcurt00 - I had seen it and spoken to owner. Honestly, I want a v5 hull so i'm looking from 1979 to late 1980. Thank's for the lead.
How did you find it on CL from Fairmont, WV?

jbcurt00

Staff member

I poke @ on adhuntr.com every now & again. I was heckling jigngrub about another tinny so I searched Starcraft Aluminum and then Sorted the results to Florida.
It will search all US CL's, eBay & others all at once. Depending on search, its often too much info, & isn't real 'tunable' as I'd like, but it works.

For searches for myself, I use Craig's Notification search app @my smart phone.

Rich11304

Petty Officer 2nd Class

InMotion - I checked out your latest restoration project. Very stylish and beautiful. I'm definitely stealing some of your ideas.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Just catching up with this one. Looks great. Love the back seat. Aluminum tubing and plasticore or similar (or even thinner ply) is an intriguing idea to cut weight in structural applications. The made the base of the front seats/deck in my SS out of 3/4" ply and it's heavy as heck.

jrs151

Seaman

I love that new below the deck aluminum tank. It gives me more space and a better center of gravity.

Me too !
Rich, your tagline says FL ... did you by chance get that tank fab'ed down here??
I'd like to spec out an identical tank for my 18' Holiday project, my problem is getting a fabricator to put the fill & vent on the side/ends (tsk tsk). Obviously I want to maximize the space between the deck stringers, yet I can't afford to have hoses leaping out the center of my deck - (aka trip hazzard). Also, stringer space slightly changes depending fore/aft placement right.
Thanks!

Rich11304

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sorry for the delay, I have not checked the thread lately. It was fabricated by Aim welding in Davie. I had fuel tank measured for middle of the boat. If I had to do it again I would place tank as far forward as possible, like the beginning of the bow stringer.

Last edited:

Rich11304

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I finally found my new tin project. She's a 28' Marinette (Aluminum) with twin 318 (5.2) with straight shafts and a fly bridge.Through out my life, I've always looked for "the answer". I just found it. I just picked up this 1972 28' Marinette (Aluminum) boat in Jacksonville, Fl, with twin 318 Chrysler (both shot), straight shafts on a 26' ft aluminum trailer for $1000. Drove her and her 8000 lbs back to Hollywood, Fl. She almost killed the transmission on my van. This is my 2nd restoration thread, three years ago, I picked up a free 18' 1968 Starcraft Holiday-OB. I guess I have double curses: tin man and bone yard boats at heart. I'll try to document the resto with as much details and pictures as I can. You can check it out at:
http://forums.iboats.com/boat-resto...28-marinette-aluminum-restoration-634991.html

Last edited: