1962 Evinrude Starflite IV 75hp no spark HELP!

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
I do not remember if the carb had a replaceable inlet needle seat. Maybe there is someone old enough on this forum who does.

Even in the 70's I had to find a dealer with the "old books "to get parts for my '59 Fat Fifty. No microfiche for them, even back then.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Motors today might not have replaceable float valve seats.----But in 1962 every thing was built with " repairs in mind " so yes there is a float seat in that simple carburetor.-----What other trouble shooting has been done other then jumping all over the carburetor ?----Install a new impeller in water pump.-----You need to to that since the magneto model may not have overheat warning or shutdown system !

Last edited:
Motors today might not have replaceable float valve seats.----But in 1962 every thing was built with " repairs in mind " so yes there is a float seat in that simple carburetor.-----What other trouble shooting has been done other then jumping all over the carburetor ?----Install a new impeller in water pump.-----You need to to that since the magneto model may not have overheat warning or shutdown system !
I have replaced the impeller. The old one was in near perfect shape so I kept it for a spare.

the boat does have a “hot” light but I’m not sure if the sensor is working. If I hook it up it lights up even if the engine is off. Ideally would love to have that working properly as well.

UPDATE:

after giving myself headaches trying to figure out the fuel mixture issue I had left the boat alone for a bit. Went back to it today. Hooked it up to some gas and turned it over and got it to run long enough that I was able to adjust the carb screws to a point where I think they are where they need to be. She idles well and revs fine. Trip to the lake for a proper test is next on the agenda.

thanks everyone for your help.

happy boating.