FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hello, I just rebuilt the carb on a 1959 5.5 johnson but it quits running after a couple of minutes, and when it dies, I have a heck of a time trying to get it started again. I have new gas and spark plugs with spark.
have you opened the inspection plate on the flywheel and looked at the coils. if cracked etc, they get hot and won't fire, until they cool. if they look like these they're shot.