1959 Bell Boy Transom and stringer replacement bow full of styrofoam new to this

1959 Bell Boy Transom and stringer replacement bow full of styrofoam new to this

• How to glass a transom in outboard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • How to install a transom

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1959 Bell Boy Transom and stringer replacement bow full of styrofoam new to this

I too was wondering about the center stringer . If the other ones were rotten chances are the center one is also .
BTW , I am not quite getting the poll . What are ya polling ?

Oakland

Cadet
Re: 1959 Bell Boy Transom and stringer replacement bow full of styrofoam new to this

Ok great thank you for all the information. I just got done grinding and sanding more on the transom and I also cut the center stringer out ( main reason was I had my tyvac suit on, respirator, all my ppe and was already full of dust.

So like a dummy was cutting with a saw saw (center stinger) on side at a time and and cut a three inch slot threw the boat, I grinned, sanded, and chiseled, all the, wood out and I was wondering two things,

Should I lay cloth in the v before I put the new center stringer back?
And is it ok to put resin in the voids bellow center stringer

jbcurt00

Staff member

Post the other pix you have of the center after over grinding & etc.............

Oakland

Cadet
plywood deck seems

plywood deck seems

ok I got the stringers glasses in and transom ready to install the deck soon, I was wondering how to seem the plywood deck together as i have over 4' width in two locations.
also should i but 3/4" or half inch decking?
should i glass both sides?
Thanks i will try to add a photo. Im using epoxy.34Stringers-1.jpg/Users/photo-6.jpg/photo.JPG

Oakland

Cadet

ok Im going to try to add a photo photoboat.JPG

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

You may need to turn the plywood perpendicular to your stringers .
Stringers look great btw !