1959 - 1961 LONE STAR PAINT FORMULAS???

satx78247

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 24, 2012
Messages
117
Friends,

I'm about to start restoring a 1959-61 LONE STAR 16 foot SKIPPER (they are essentially unchanged in that period) and need the paint formulas for LONE STAR WHITE & LONE STAR RED.

THANKS, satx
 

Woodonglass

Honorary Supreme Mariner
Joined
Dec 29, 2009
Messages
25,933
I seriously doubt you'll be able to find the exact paint formulas for a lone star boat from that era. Is it really that critical that you have the exact paint formulas to paint the boat? I just restored a 61' and I used Tractor Paint and custom mixed my own to get as close to matching the "Sky Blue" color that was originally on there that I could. She came out pretty good IMHO!!! The last link in my signature line below has all the info on how to paint.

 
Last edited:

64osby

Admiral
Joined
Jul 28, 2009
Messages
6,826
Are you asking for a color match, IE: mixing formula?

Back then the original red probably contained Lead.:eek:

I'd just find a red and white you like and go at it.
 

satx78247

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 24, 2012
Messages
117
64osby,

Thank you for reminding us all of something that I certainly had NOT considered. = Lead paint being potentially hazardous.

yours, satx
 
Top