1956 Evinrude 30hp

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral
Re: 1956 Evinrude 30hp

Catwagon, I tried a '66 33hp bypass cover and it won't fit either. It seems to be the same size as the '65 40hp cover, both a bit larger than the 30hp cover.

Catwagon

Seaman Apprentice

Wow, thanks BoatBouy for letting me know before I found one and dropped the cash to order it.<br /><br /> I had already been giving serious thought to using mine as a pattern and then casting a few covers with the appropriate fuel mount bosses. I'll go ahead and get to work on it since that'll gaurantee me a perfect stock fit.<br /><br /> Steve

surlyjoe

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by Catwagon:<br /> I had already been giving serious thought to using mine as a pattern and then casting a few covers with the appropriate fuel mount bosses. I'll go ahead and get to work on it since that'll gaurantee me a perfect stock fit.<br /><br /> Steve
:eek: You can do that!! wanna cast me some transom corners? :rolleyes:

DHPMARINE

Captain

I can see what you guys are trying to do,and think about this ... Drill,tap and install a 5/16 barb hose fitting in your bypass cover.Use a free standing fuel pump on a bracket under the cowl. ? ?<br /><br />DHP

Catwagon

Seaman Apprentice

DHPmarine I hadn't thought about doing it that way, but that would solve the problem very nicely, Thank You!<br /><br /> Scrumbler anyone can learn to cast aluminum at home especially from all the great info that's posted on the net these days. But to answer your question more directly, yep, I can cast simple items like transom corners if I needed to.<br /><br />Steve

surlyjoe

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by Catwagon:<br /> DHPmarine I hadn't thought about doing it that way, but that would solve the problem very nicely, Thank You!<br /><br /> Scrumbler anyone can learn to cast aluminum at home especially from all the great info that's posted on the net these days. But to answer your question more directly, yep, I can cast simple items like transom corners if I needed to.<br /><br />Steve
got any good starting points? I really would like to learn!

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

I stand corrected - it was the 28hp bypass cover I was thinking of..<br />- Scott

55Crestliner

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Catwagon, if you would like to get rid of that "toggle" dial, (I don't know what they call it either) I'd love to find one. :) If you go to a tiller settup, let me know.<br /><br />b1_vw@hotmail.com<br /><br />I just recently did a 25 horse Johnson 1955. As mentioned earlier, they are great motors, and lots of fun to work on. I really appreciate their quallity - they were not meant to be disposable.