1955 larson classic

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1955 larson classic

bassboy1 said:
Hey mod, could you move this to boat restoration forum please? It seems we have only one person who checks the larson forum daily. Other people have similar boats of that vintage and may be able to give me a wider variety of information.

I can do that.

tashasdaddy

Serenity, nice job, Bassboy1 here's my take on this boat, as i am old enough to remember them. the dash was probably mahogony plywood,, steering was cable and pulley, it had the old 2 handle controller, ignition switch and choke button on the dash, along with horn button, front seat was a bench seat with a U cut out of it to walk thur, windshield was a 1 piece curved on the sides, back was a bench seat, that the bottom either was hinged, or just set in place with storage underneath. gas cans and battery in the stearn. most did not have floors, but some had the slatted inlays, to level out the floor (removable) so you could clean the boat. they were powered probably by a Big Twin 35, thats the basics.

tashasdaddy

also the seat cushions were like 2" foam covered in vinyl, and loose, the backs had like a 4 " flap across the top that went over the back and had snaps to hold them in place.

It looks like a 55 buccaneer.....beleive it or not its rated for 60hp...alot of info on the site i just posted for you. Enjoy........

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

Oh fastwin, sorry about not telling you this earlier but I decided not to do this project as I don't have the fiscal resources for two boats and I needed a smaller boat to fish the restricted horsepower lakes. If it is still there in the late winter or early spring I might just get it.