1952 Fleetwin

freddyray21

Commander
tell me what you know about them. I just picked it up. First one I ever owned with the neutral clutch. Turns over good and seems to be complete. Imagine it needs new coils, but have not checked spark or anything else yet. If I get enough honey do's done tomorrow to sneak out to the garage maybe.

freddyray21

Commander
Re: 1952 Fleetwin

horsepower and model #????

only one company made a fleetwin that I know of Evinrude and the fleetwin was always a 7.5 hp

seite_07.jpg

freddyray21

Commander

well through another board I found out the information I was looking for. looked at it yesterday and being a 52 it has the older bullet proof coils. A dressing of the points gave me good spark. So now I will take the carb apart to clean and put a new impeller in and we should be good to go. learn as I go I guess at this is a little different motor as it has neutral and forward only. It is also 4 lbs lighter than my 57 5.5.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

well through another board I found out the information I was looking for. looked at it yesterday and being a 52 it has the older bullet proof coils. A dressing of the points gave me good spark. So now I will take the carb apart to clean and put a new impeller in and we should be good to go. learn as I go I guess at this is a little different motor as it has neutral and forward only. It is also 4 lbs lighter than my 57 5.5.

According to the catalogs there is a 9lb difference. 47-56. A little surprising though the 5.5 is of course full gear shift with the additional parts required also has an intake silencer and a suspension.

freddyray21

Commander

right you are. I took the carb apart today and soaked it and put it back together. I also replaced the impeller. I don't think this thing was used much as the drive shaft had no carbon on it. The intank filter was clogged, but once fixed it runs good. My wife can pull start it in neutral on the first pull.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

These old OMCs are terrific.A pair of pliers and a screw driver you can keep em running forever.Did you ever go on youtube and watch these little guys in operation?