1950's Wagemaker Wolverine wooden boat restoration ...

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Congrats Sam, she looks like a nice start. Permission to climb aboard sir.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
I must be a pirate, I never ask permission to come aboard, I just show up :)

Pusher

Lieutenant
I must be a pirate, I never ask permission to come aboard, I just show up :)

Just call me Tom then :)

It kind of seems like the second repair method would be the easiest not the hardest.

Forgive my ignorance, but wouldn't it be easier to reinforce the hull from the inside and sand the outside smooth for a fresh repaint?

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
It's a small boat but theres plenty of room !
Welcome aboard everyone pirate or not !!!
Unfortunately work may slow to start I still have the Admirals O/D kitchen to finish up ... I don't want any mutinies ya know !!:fish:

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Well since you're subscribed as soon as you post it seems like I'm asking permission to come aboard from the cuddy head. But the cops don't usually show and I'm generally allowed aboard.

Frey0357

Petty Officer 1st Class
Nice wooden boat there! I'm certainly a fan of those.....since there's plenty of room, I'd like to join. :)

Frey

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Well since you're subscribed as soon as you post it seems like I'm asking permission to come aboard from the cuddy head. But the cops don't usually show and I'm generally allowed aboard.

only if you have that feature sellected

bobkat1864

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Pretty boat and motor...those old engines are so cool...have you started her yet?

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
Damn all these passengers lets toss a tower of power on it and really get'er goin! :)

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Well actually Mick, we're more like crowding his garage and drinking his beers while throwing out suggestions rather than physically in his boat. Lol. Not that a TOP wouldn't still be advisable....burp.:very_drunk:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Well i'm gunna need a bigger beer cooler ! If I counted right thats 20 on board !!! All are welcome but I warn ya ... I only buy the KOB in the bottle .. If ya drink somethin special you'll have to byob !! :D

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Pretty boat and motor...those old engines are so cool...have you started her yet?

Welcome aboard ! No have not had a chance to dig into it yet . But I did get the boat shored up enough for me to climb inside for the first time ... There was a real good chance that you may have heard a few motor boat sounds coming from the garage though .. ;)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
I usually practice on the missus just to make sure I have proper pitch :) before entering the boat and making them noises :)

Pusher

Lieutenant
It's a small boat but theres plenty of room !
Welcome aboard everyone pirate or not !!!
Unfortunately work may slow to start I still have the Admirals O/D kitchen to finish up ... I don't want any mutinies ya know !!:fish:

Oh, don't think she's the only one. I've been waiting for an update on the kitchen too.

Mick, thats pretty bad :)

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander
Id like to see a vid of that engine running , but Completely understand if the admiral isn't happy nobody is going to be happy.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Here is a couple of pictures sent to me of the boat and family from the 50's ...This was Lake Superior ...
Barbara is the nice lady I bought it from and her husband is the tall gentleman with the blue shirt starboard side ...
img182_zpskkrdwvk0.jpg

img453_zpsvgy5c0li.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: