19? Force 125

scrane

Recruit
I have this Force 125 hp outboard that needs a powerhead rebuild. I'm not sure what the year is or where to get parts or technical info any help would be very appreciated.

pgattuso

Cadet
Re: 19? Force 125

I changed my power head and was able to id by a date code stamped on the carbs although they could have been swapped out for rebuild and may not be orig. Additionally, the 88 and above have the exhaust plate clearence below the carbs very cramped ie you can only fit a 9/16th socket wrench to loosen the bolt behind the shift mech. I have just located a bad exhaust plate gasket between power head and exhaust plate, caused exhaust to get into cowling and stall engine on 1500 rpm and above. Drove me crazy trying to locate. Hope this info helps GOOD LUCK<br />pgattuso

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

There should be a plate on the midsection of the engine,just below the steering tong.<br />Does the plate read "US Marine Power" on it?<br />Or does it read "OE" at the begining of the serial number? If it does,it's a Merc,and is late 92-all of 93.<br /><br />If it is US Marine, the model number will have 3 digits designating horsepower,followed by 2 letters,designating features,one letter designating manufacturing plant,followed by 1 or 2 digits designating year ,and finally a single digit designating model revisions.<br />Hope this helps. If not, reply with model/serial numbers, and I'll try to find out.<br />I buy most of my Force parts locally. But rebuild kits are also available on the web.<br /><br /><br />------------------<br />Time to change my tagline

Craigh

Recruit

I just finished rebuilding my force 125. It cost me almost a grand. I'm an auto tech by trade. I bought a service manual and read it thoroughly. If you have any questions contact me.